1. Are there any documents for coming to Kazakhstan?
In order to be the guests of the country it is important to bring passports, in case you are citizens of the visa-free countries.
2. Is there a need to make the copies of the documents if I want to travel in Kazakhstan?
There can be difficulties and various complications if you have lost your documents, and have no copies. So, we say it is necessary to copy all of the documents and make scan of passports, driver's licenses, tickets, hotel reservations, insurance so that they can be considered to have an access in any database of the world.
3. Are there any people with whom I can contact on having the problems during the tour?
Our managers are the ones to be contacted via the phone, also they make the arrangement of the meeting in the airport by the guide. And the guide then is the one who is always with you. So, having any problems please inform the guide.
4. If I happen to lose my passport - what should I do first in this situation?
First of all it is important to contact the police, and then inform the guide and managers of the company. The local police will provide you with the special certificate which can be useful in turning to the embassy of your country telling them about the case of loss of the document. In this case there will be a need to fill up a special questionnaire. If you have the other document with a photo, take it with yourself.
5. Having arrived to Kazakhstan and taken into account cars for rent, where can I exchange the money to use it?
The money can be exchanged in the airport, in the bazaar, in some of the long-distant villages. And in any part of the country. At the same time the better rate is seen in the banks, which work until 6PM.
6. Can I use credit cards in the country? Are there any ATM machines?
The country uses MasterCard and Visa in some of the restaurants, shops and hotels. But mainly cash is used. In the villages especially cash is used.
7. How is the deal with transport in the country?
We assure the transportation is going on special tourist or business traveler buses. From the airport to the hotel or any other part of the tour program.
8. When I make a way on rented car or on the transport of the company from the airport to hotel, how much time can it take?
In 29km from the city Almaty the Almaty International Airport is located. And depending on the level of traffic jams the way can take about 50 minutes. Making a way home to the airport it is better to start a way in advance.
9. Should I bring large or small amount of money?
Being in the country we suggest to take the money with a value of 50-100 $ or euros. In this case the money will not be lost in the exchange rate. But making a change of -10-20 $ or euros the rate will be very low.
10. Are there any cases presupposing the change of the boarder, if he happens to get in some complications having no opportunities to come?
In this case there is a need to inform the manager organizing the tour in Kazakhstan. As usually the trip presupposes the being in the guest house, in the hotel where there is the list of the visitors with passport data. And before the list is sent you should inform the team about the problem and wait for them to decide what they can do.
11. Is there a need to make vaccines before coming to the country?
1) Measles, mumps, rubella (CCP) - are required to be taken by the people born after 1956, about 2 doses must be taken in case of failed case in the past.
2) Diphtheria -tetanus - every 10 years this vaccination is made, before making it check the card of vaccines.
3) Influenza - all who travel in November to April need to make this seasonal vaccination. Mainly the risk is seen for the kids and people over 65 years old.
4) Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B - all who make a way need to have the vaccine from these diseases.
5) Rabies - today this vaccine needs to be taken by those who is going to celebrate the time in remote villages. As there is a high risk of being bitten by wild animals.
12. Does the country have national currency?
The national currency of Kazakhstan is tenge.
13. What religion do the people believe here?
The majority of the population are Muslims, about 70%.
14. Having a tour on Kazakhstan rent car what languages can I hear?
Mainly there are 2 main languages in the country. Kazakh language is the national one, spoken by the majority of the population, and the Russian language is the official one. The majority of the people can speak both ones. But English language is rarely spoken by the people.
15. Could you describe the individual trip?
The trip is called an individual one when it is organized according to wishes and desires of the guests.
16. I don't understand the meaning homestay, what is it?
We identify the homestay as a family which is glad to host the guests from the other countries. The price is lower, and the location of such stays is in the rural villages or in the mountains. Such homes are enlisted in the Community Based Tourism and Destinations (USAID project).
17. If I want to get to know about the single supplement, can you describe the meaning of it?
Single supplement is the process when the guests want to be the only ones in the room. And in this case the calculations are made from the trip packages of the double/twin rooms cost. So, the opportunity of such a supplement is given in addition.
18. How can I understand such abbreviations as ROH, SGL, DBL, TRPL, QDPL, Ex. Bed, CHD, RO, RR, BB, HB, FB, ALL, Al, UAL, UAI?
ROH (run of the house) - the accommodation of the guest on the decision of the hotel.
SGL (single) - single accommodation.
DBL (double) - double accommodation; the kind of the room with a double bed or two single beds.
TRPL (triple) - triple accommodation; the room having a double bed and a single bed, or three single beds.
QDPL (quadruple) - quad accommodation.
Ex. Bed (extra bed) - extra bed: stationary bed is rare, or the additional folding bed.
CHD (child) - a child (usually up to 12 years old).
RO (room only) - accommodation with no meals given.
RR (room rate) - only accommodation with meals given.
BB (Bed and Breakfast) - only breakfast is given.
HB (half board) - the price with breakfast and dinner (sometimes breakfast and lunch).
FB (full board) - the price with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
ALL, Al (all inclusive) - breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, snacks, drinks, various additional services.
UAL, UAI (ultra all inclusive) - the version of the accommodation of "All Inclusive": breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, snacks, drinks, various additional services, along with dishes and desserts, additional free food in the restaurants.
19. How will vegetarians feel in the trip?
The guests of Almaty and Nur - Sultan will not have problems with vegetarian food. But in the villages it can be rather difficult with this situation. (More details please get to know here).
20. If I am on the diet of a special course, will I be given an individual menu?
For getting it you need to inform the managers in advance. Also the guide can be informed in order to give special data. So, the problem of special menu can be solved, but remember it can be rather difficult.
21. Could you describe Half Board and Full Board?
Note, that half board is when dinners are given in the tour, and full board is when lunches and dinners are given. The boarders can choose the options.
22. Where should I go if I want to see the real life of the nomadic Kazakhs?
To see the traditional life it is required to visit villages.
23. Can I see horse riding games all along the journey?
Of course, and it is better to take a way on cars rent to the villages of Kolsai Lakes, Oi Qaragai.
24. If I need to buy souvenirs, where should I go?
Souvenirs can be bought in the bazaars as well as in the mountains of Kok Tobe.
25. Are there any rules I need to follow being at the bazaar?
Being at the bazaar you can immerse in the life of the local people, of Eastern culture. It is possible to make the colorful photos of the traditional way of life. But first it is necessary to ask for the permission. Also, make sure about the pockets, the money and the documents to be in a safe place, so that there can be pickpockets.
26. Are there any holidays in Kazakhstan?
National holidays are seen in the main one, the Independence Day on 16th of December.
There are also public holidays which are celebrated due to some special events of public significance or religious meaning. So, these are the following:
New Year - 1-2 January;
International Women's Day - 8 March;
Nauryz Meiramy - 22 March;
Unity of the Nations of Kazakhstan - 1 May;
Victory Day - 9 May;
Constitution Day of the Republic of Kazakhstan - 30 August;
Republic Days - 25 October.
27. Can you describe what transport means are used in the trip?
All of the people have a desire to make comfortable way on Kazakhstan car for rent. And we make an offer of a wide range of the cars, which all are air-conditioned and comfortable. Drivers are professionals.
So, transport usually used:
02-03 pax - MiniVan
04-11 pax - 1 Mercedes Sprinter
12-15 pax - 1 Mercedes Sprinter
15-50 pax - Big bus
28. Is it possible to travel with pets?
Yes, there is such an opportunity. But for organizing it there is a need to under the veterinarian health certificate containing the seal of the local Board of Health. Along with it to be given in 10 days before starting the trip. At the same time, rabies vaccine must be made in 12 months, or before 30 days of the trip. Inform our managers as well.
29. Can I bring alcohol with me, making a way along stans?
According to the regulations of airlines you can bring alcohol.
30. Do I have an opportunity to buy alcohol?
Yes, you are allowed, but for this you must be more than 18 years old.
31. What is the deal with the power socket in the country of Kazakhstan?
The type of the socket is European type - C. With voltage of 220V. It has two round parallel contacts.
32. Can I take photos all along the way?
Almost everywhere it is allowed. In some places of historical significance there is a need to pay for this. Making photos of the people, ask for the permission.
33. I want to walk in the evening along Almaty, is it safe there?
We can say that it is safe on the streets in the evening, but try not to walk along the non-lit streets.
34. Should I feel danger while drinking tap water?
No, it is safe here. But if you are still afraid, buy bottled one, or boil it.
35. Can the money be taken out of the country as souvenir?
Yes, exchange in advance, or take the already exchanged one.
36. Are there any actions which should not be done in Kazakhstan?