Find out our self-drive rules in Kyrgyzstan:
To avoid any trouble in the case of renting a car for self-drive tours during your travel in Kyrgyzstan, some regulations and procedures must be followed:
1. It is better to reserve a car in advance. In this case you have a choice of offers and you can choose a car according to your taste and budget. Besides you can indicate date that will convenient for your tour. Remember that from 20 June till 20 September is the high season of travel and if you postpone the rental issue for the last moment, then most likely, there may not be any car.
2. A driver must be more than 23 years old and less than 65 years.
3. Payment can be made in dollars, euros or soms.
4. Car insurance is included in the rental price. Receiving a car you must pay deposit of 400 $; this amount will be returned after your travel if nothing happened with the car. If the car is damaged or totally destroyed (as a result of a traffic accident, illegal actions by third parties or under force majeure circumstances), maximum price you pay is your deposit and the rest will be paid by an insurance company. Please note: insurance does not cover damages of windows, destroyed tires, interior, roof and bottom of the car.
5. Mileage limit is 300 km a day. Using the vehicle over fixed limit shall be paid at the rate of 0.3 $ for every extra km.
6. Territorial limit is Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. There is also an additional charge for local insurance if you drive out of Kyrgyzstan, each country 50 $ per tour. Additional documents are not needed.
7. You must respect the traffic rules, when you are driving in a foreign country too including tours in Kyrgyzstan. It is not permitted to drive a vehicle in a state of alcoholic intoxication. The legal blood-alcohol level is zero. Drivers must give way to pedestrians. At all times keep to the speed limits. Inside towns and villages, it is allowed to drive from 40 to 60 km/h. Between villages 90 km/h is the maximum speed. It is obligatory to drive with headlights on at all times while driving outside of towns and villages, even on the brightest summer day.
8. If there is a car accident it is necessary immediately to inform the representatives of Lessor and follow their instruction. Also inform the police and ask for the name, addresses and phone numbers of other people involved and any witnesses.
9. A car must be returned with the same quantity of fuel as at the moment of receipt, otherwise, you will pay for petrol in accordance with the contract pricing.
When you have self-drive tours over Kyrgyzstan our managers will help you to avoid any trouble during your stay in Kyrgyzstan! We wish you only good roads!
Our company provides you the best cars for rent for reasonable prices to have an individual tours in Kyrgyzstan and to travel independently.