Jet lag is a condition that occurs when people travel across time zones. Symptoms tend to be more severe when traveling eastward. The reason is that your body has less time to recover.
Also taking into account that Kyrgyzstan is a mountainous country the chance to get a jet lag is higher. Upon arrival to the capital city you are already at 800 m above sea level.
Jet lag can cause headaches, insomnia, irritability, fatigue, depression, loss of appetite, a dizzy feeling, gastrointestinal disturbances, such as diarrhea or constipation.
The World Health Organization (WHO) points out that drinking alcohol or caffeine during or before the flight may worsen symptoms. For one thing, these can both add to dehydration. The air inside an airplane cabin is drier than natural air at ground level, and this too can worsen symptoms. It is best to drink water while flying.
Other factors that can worsen symptoms include stress and spending a long time sitting uncomfortably. People who can stretch out or lie down and sleep during a flight are less likely to experience jet lag.
Existing medical conditions, such as lung disease, heart disease, or diabetes, can make symptoms worse. Ask your doctor for advice before making a long-haul trip.
- choosing flights that arrive in the early evening local time, so that you can aim to sleep around 10.00 p.m.
- preparing for a long flight eastward, by getting up and going to bed early for several days before, and for a westward flight, get up and go to bed later
- changing your watch to the destination time zone as soon as you board the plane
- keeping active during the flight by doing exercises, stretching, and walking along the aisle
- using an eye mask and ear plugs and aim for strategic napping. Try to sleep when it is night-time at your tour, and sleep for 20 minutes at a time at other times, to reduce sleepiness
- drinking plenty of water during the flight, and avoiding alcohol and caffeine, to minimize dehydration
- Avoid heavy meals or strenuous exercise.
- Spend time outdoors preferably in sunlight.
- Sleep at a "normal" time for the destination time zone.