Company sustainability policy
Our travel agency cares about people and the environment, therefore we take a number of actions that help us minimize our negative impact and maximize the positive impact on nature and communities in the directions to which we conduct excursions.
Transport is an important part of providing logistics in tourism. The overall impression of the tourist about the tour operator depends on the quality of transport. The safety of the group depends on the professionalism of the driver and those of the transport. Transport is also an important aspect of sustainable tourism, so we do our best to reduce the average level of pollution.
- We comply with all the requirements of the law of the Kyrgyz Republic (insurance, patents, etc.)
- We monitor the safety and technical serviceability of transport (the presence of seat belts, etc)
- We track the time of drivers while driving
- We check the competence, experience and feedback of the driver / s.
- We monitor the comfort and cleanliness of transport
- We drive only during the daytime
- We check the availability of a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher and other necessary means
- We follow the obligations of safe driving and observance of traffic rules.
- We check the availability of pass documents for border areas.
- Choosing the size and type of vehicle depending on the size of the group
- We optimize routes so that the time in transport does not take longer than necessary
- We try to ensure that vehicles used on tours do not cause more than average pollution
- We train our drivers in the principles of economical driving, which helps not only to reduce fuel consumption, operating costs, but also to make the environment safer and cleaner
We are trying to create a fully sustainable tourism supply chain. Accommodations for partners play an important role in achieving this, they stimulate and motivate to adapt sustainable working methods.
- Accommodation facilities are selected in accordance with the standards of the company, the specifics of the tour, the budget and the specifics of the tourist
- We check that the accommodation facilities are officially legally registered and comply with the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic (including that the employees of the facility have labor contracts, decent working conditions, and there are no forced or child labor)
- All accommodation facilities we cooperate with are owned by local residents and 100% of their employees are representatives of the local community
- All our facilities are in good technical condition and comply with health and safety standards, for example, they all have a first-aid kit, fire-fighting equipment
- We check the technical condition of the building and the environmental friendliness of building materials
- The offered food is always of high quality, fresh and, if possible, grown and produced in Kyrgyzstan; we buy meat, vegetables and dairy products from farmers who live near the property
Food is a very important element of the trip, which greatly influences the overall impression of the visited region. We make sure that the food and drinks on our tours are tasty, fresh, safe, ecological and represent our local area and culinary traditions as much as possible, as well as that the amount of waste in - the process of preparing and serving food is minimized.
- We check that the cafes and restaurants we cooperate with are officially legally registered and comply with the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic (including that employees have employment contracts, decent working conditions, and there are no forced or child labor)
- We check the cooking technology, food safety, sanitary conditions
- Encouraging tourists about local dishes and how food and certain dishes are related to our culture; we try to include the maximum number of national and regional dishes in the menu during the tours, but at the same time we warn tourists about the specific ingredients and flavors of our dishes.
- We respect the preferences of tourists in food (upon prior request, we will prepare meals taking into account dietary preferences and allergies, for example, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free, etc.)
- We do not offer water in individual disposable bottles - instead, we offer water from a large dispenser and ask our customers to use reusable bottles; Regardless of the condition, our water is always absolutely safe!
- When serving food in establishments, as well as during hikes, we do not use disposable tableware; we have reusable glasses, mugs, plates and cutlery.
- We encourage all our catering partners to adhere to food codes and practices, the importance of using local and quality products, and how to reduce single-use plastic, food waste and properly sort, recycle and dispose of them
On our tours, we protect the authenticity of communities and the environment and we are strongly against harming wildlife and polluting the environment. We strive to maximize the positive impact and minimize the negative impact on the destination in order to ensure the sustainable development of the places in which we operate.
- Do not offer excursions that harm people, animals, plants, natural resources, or that are socially and culturally unacceptable;
- We take into account aspects of sustainability in the process of choosing new directions and offer alternative, non-main directions
- We comply with the legal norms of spatial planning, protected areas and natural and cultural heritage
- Whenever possible, we refuse, or at least minimize, travel to destinations in which nature suffers greatly from the negative impact of tourism and monitor the total load of natural places
- We support the conservation of biodiversity, including protected areas and areas of high biodiversity in our routes
- When traveling to natural areas, we refuse disposable plastic and also do not leave garbage (we collect it and safely dispose of it at designated points)
- We do not promote souvenirs containing endangered species of flora and fauna, as indicated in the CITES agreement and the IUCN Red List; or historical and archaeological artifacts (except as permitted by law)
- We cooperate with the local administration and other representatives of the industry, we encourage and promote the sustainable development of tourism in the directions in which we work
- We advise guests on standards of conduct during excursions and activities with an emphasis on respect for local people and communities, local culture, nature and the environment
Guided tours with animals
We love our animals, wild and domestic, and therefore always take care of their rights and welfare. If you come across animals such as horses or golden eagles on our tours, you can be sure that they are well fed, healthy and living a happy life.
- We do not offer any excursions involving wild animals in captivity, except for properly regulated activities in accordance with local, national and international legislation;
- We are not affiliated with companies that harvest, consume, exhibit, sell or trade species of wild animals, unless it is part of a regulated activity that ensures that their use is sustainable and in accordance with local, national and international laws;
- Think twice when organizing tours with animals
- We select experienced suppliers who comply with the norms and laws of the Kyrgyz Republic, and treat their animals with care and responsibility
- We instruct tourists on how to properly behave with animals in order to avoid any risks; in no case do we allow tourists into alcoholic and drug intoxication
- All guides are trained in safety principles and will react quickly if something happens
- We monitor the safety of both tourists and animals.
- All animals that take part in tours or shows, are fed, live in good conditions, treat them with care (the owners do not beat the animal, do not use spurs)
- When planning tours, take into account the climate, the terrain of the tours, the load and the maximum time of use
Special rules for horse riding
- We select horses depending on the experience of the tourist and the nature of the animal
- Check the availability of appropriate equipment (presence of a horseshoe, etc.)
- We check the carrying capacity (person - up to 100-110 kg, parterre up to 80 kg)
- Distance - about 160 km per day, operation - 6 hours in mountain conditions, on a straight track - 8 hours
- We carry out safety briefings for tourists
- We train horse guides - they are all over 18 years old
Special Rules for Birds of Prey Shows
We do not use Red Book birds (falcons)
- We check the availability of appropriate equipment (presence of a cap, etc.)
- We do not export birds from their usual habitat
- We observe the appropriate clothes of tourists (no hanging elements in clothes)
- Can't use a drone when filming
Guides and tour leaders
We exclusively employ local residents as guides and provide a fair and safe work environment that supports and respects local communities.
- When hiring guides, we comply with legal regulations, decent wages and working conditions
- All our guides and staff have a written employment contract and understand the working conditions
- We give the entire guide specific instructions regarding the professional and ethical service of guests.
- All our guides know the rules of health and safety, know how to provide first aid and what to do in case of emergency
- We only hire qualified guides to accompany our guests, precisely when visiting sensitive cultural sites, heritage sites or environmentally sensitive places
- We inform all our guides and contract employees about the company's sustainability policy, and teach the principles of environmental behavior and care for the environment, as well as human rights and the protection of children's rights
The well-being of our customers and their satisfaction are very important to us.
- We provide high-quality and truthful information about our products and services
- Protecting private data and confidentiality of clients
- We care about the health and safety of our guests, so we regularly train our staff on how to act in emergencies
- We inform clients even before arrival about how to prepare for a visit to our country and a specific tour
- We advise our clients on how to travel responsibly and environmentally in our country, how to maintain the local population and culture
- We inform our guests about the key aspects and problems of sustainable development in our country and give recommendations on how to make a positive contribution
- Provide information about commercial, sexual or any other form of exploitation and harassment, especially of children and adolescents;
- Motivate customers to visit local restaurants and shops and buy local souvenirs, but also warn about illegal souvenirs
- We systematically assess the level of satisfaction of our customers and take all measures to improve services and products, and in case of complaints, we consider them and respond quickly.
Green Office Policy
Reducing paper consumption
- We have completely switched to electronic documents; We print only when necessary and when required by partners or legislation
- The presses in our office are set to duplex (or other paper saving modes) by default;
- We by paper with the FSC certificate of the Snegurochka brand
- We have developed electronic catalogs of tours and have limited the printing of brochures and catalogs as much as possible;
We completely abandoned disposable plastic in the office
- We have purchased reusable tableware for employees
- We actively reduce the use of disposable goods and goods in disposable packaging
- We put a dispenser with water
- We buy cleaning products in reusable packaging, which we fill again
Reducing energy consumption
- Track and reduce energy consumption;
- Turn off the lighting when no one is in the room
- Turn off the equipment when not in use, and put the equipment by default in power saving mode
- All lamps in our office are energy saving
- Do not leave chargers plugged into an outlet without a charged device
Reducing water consumption
- Monitor and reduce water consumption;
- We regularly monitor the serviceability of taps and plumbing
We sort waste and send it for recycling
- We comply with national waste disposal legislation
- Avoid packaging materials that are not recyclable or biodegradable
- Introduce a separate collection of waste in the office, organizing sites for temporary storage of recyclable materials and signed a contract with a company dealing with its reception
- We separate all recyclable waste and arrange for collection and proper disposal, including plastic, paper, glass and metal
We handle hazardous substances responsibly
- We reduce and replace the use of hazardous substances, properly store, handle and dispose of chemicals
- When renovating an office, we use lead-free water-based paints
- Reducing the use of ink and toner cartridges for printing and copying
- Comply with national wastewater treatment legislation (our wastewater is collected by government agencies)
- When choosing office equipment and other electrical appliances, we focus on the environmental rating of electronics manufacturers
- Dispose of batteries properly
We buy responsibly
- We buy only the necessary goods
- We buy locally produced products and services, including food, drinks, stationery, and even office furniture. Whenever possible, we support small and family-owned local businesses.
- We give preference to products with environmental certification.
- When buying new products, we choose equipment with low energy consumption, taking into account the cost and quality
- When buying, we take into account the social responsibility and reputation of the company.
- Our corporate gifts for our partners, employees and even guests are made by a local social enterprise and young local artists.
Choosing environmentally friendly modes of transport
- We have halved the number of business trips and organize online conferences when there is no need for in-person meetings.
- We maintain and validate company vehicles to reduce emissions and energy consumption, and to ensure they comply with legal emission standards
We are for nature conservation
- Comply with all national and local laws related to environment and nature conservation, land use and protected areas
- Provide periodic guidance, training and information for all employees about their roles and responsibilities regarding internal environmental practices, the importance of protecting the environment and the responsible use of natural resources
- We contribute to the protection and preservation of local natural sites and do not interfere with the access to them of local residents